View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #9
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdhype View Post
I've also noticed this morning that over the course of 2 weeks, the amount of water in my reservoir as gone from MAX, down to just above the MIN line. According to the internet, that could mean that I have a small leak somewhere. AGA mentions to try to grab the hose with a glove and rev the throttle, I will also try that, along with re-checking for leaks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aga View Post
try this:

with the engine running and at operating temp, grab one of the coolant hoses (with a glove, if it is too hot) ...hold it tightly and rev the throttle.

if it gets hard, you have a compression leak from a cylinder to the coolant system. could be a tiny hole on the side of a cylinder, or gasket (Since you ve had your head checked)
The missing coolant, could also mean you didn't bleed it correctly, And or you don't understand how the system works. OR it's just hot as Fuhhg outside! Because the coolant has to go somewhere, you don't see any white smoke
and.... that's what the reservoir is for.

Don't use this method it is flawed! WHY?'
Operating temp is 80c/176f
The coolant system is under pressure if working correctly. Rubber hoses would get hard, end.

If you truly think the engine is leaking combustion into the coolant passages, they have real tests for that.

Adding external pressure to the coolant system will help find leaks, quickly!

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote