View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #6
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Everything thread starter post is irrelevant,WHY?
No actual temps(numbers)!

Coolant level is rising stated by OP during bleeding process
Quote:
What I have done: I've tried bleeding the coolant, raising the front end and massaging the top hose, along with turning the outlet bolt. I've ran the engine with the rad cap off, and I don't see any bubbles, but the coolant level rises a little bit, I'm guessing from the pressure from the water pump. I don't notice any white smoke coming from the exhaust.
What did you do after that?
What you should have done is have the heater on full blast.
The bleeder screw! You're bleeding air out, after air rushes out close the screw, continue with bleeding(squeezing hoses) etc. return to the bleeder screw, crack it open again let more air out, just because coolant comes out of the bleed doesn't necessarily mean all the air is out! that's why we repeat. turn heater off and let the coolant flow. Check the cap make sure it's functioning. when you shut down the engine, and it has cooled enough to remove the cap, add more coolant/water. fill reservoir to the desired level.
Get an actual temp gauge or use a consult program to read engine temps.

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote