View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 06:19 PM   #76
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
I have built several engines, and as for 4 baggers go, the 4G63 is a beast! The only engine that comes close to it is the SR2?DET!

SR2?DET v:s KA2?DET
Yeah the KA has that butt dyno feel, but its not reliable, not built to hold boost, Long Stroke, Distributor, Truck Transmission, etc...and it will cost alot to fix these issues. Its also ugly, design and engineering wise! The SR is so much easier to play with and responds well to small bolt ons. Its easier to build a SR close to 400hp than a KA!!

Yes you will need to drop 2-3k on a SR to start, where you will also need to drop 2-3k on building a KAs internals. Its a toss up, and personal preference. Most people will start with KA(s), and quickly learn SRs are easier. Yes the SR is harder (more expensive) to get than KA, but its alot less likely to blow up. Yes you can blow up any engine and buying used engines from Japan is just as much a coin toss as buying an engine from any junk yard.

If your going to push limits, build it past those limits.
My SR is build and capable of supporting 1000hp, however the the supporting parts are set to the HP goal I want.
Start with Mantinance mods before getting into power mods always!!
Its sad how many people blow engines and didn't do a single supporting or mantinance mod.