View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #114
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
CaBS is an unknown quantity at this point
Finally finished off the cage welding cleanup it might not look like much but there was a conservative 15 hours worth of air tooling to get it to this state. Probably taken the best part of a kilo off the car too judging by how much metal dust came out of the vacuum bag and off the floor when I was finished! :P

I also cleaned all the tar off the beaver tail that used to seal the tail lights to the body. Filling in the gaps doing this while giving the compressor a chance to cool down worked out well... =)

This was also the first time I've tried removing the front part of the cage. It actually came out without many hassles at all. Its a bit like a skill tester though working out the right angles to get it out on without belting anything! :P

This week I start on cleaning and picking all the seams in the car in prep for spot welding. The plan was to start in the front and work backwards doing everything I can reach from ontop. Then later put the car on the chassis stands drop the subframes and repeat but underneath. I still needed to finish off the cage front floor box near the drivers foot but cannot get in there without moving the car. So I'd get to that a bit later... Just tried to do things systematically so I didnt start spot fires everywhere and get nothing in particular finished. I find it much more satisfying to get to the end of the day and have one task complete rather than two half done :P

Afew bits of wire flew off the wire wheel today and stuck in the front of my shin. Good reminder on why you wear safety goggles as it could have just as easily been my eyeball without them! :P

More soon!

SXDevelopments on Facebook

Last edited by CaBS; 05-03-2012 at 09:23 AM..
CaBS is offline   Reply With Quote