View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 07:50 PM   #4
twotoes
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
twotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymoretwotoes is not welcome here anymore
Given the times we set were both some way off the manufacturers claims, how do we feel about those claims? Well Walters time is 17 seconds faster than this and having experienced the gt2 at full afterburner, I have no doubt that the car will achieve that time. I could show you where ive lost five seconds on just a handful of sections. In fact I suspect that herr Rohrl could go a little faster still.

Could the nissan really go 27 seconds faster? I just don’t know. Unlike the Porsche time, we have video evidence of Toshio Suzuki setting a 7:29.03sec lap and he is super-committed. In fact it’s a brilliant piece of driving. But I just don’t see where another 27 seconds comes from with the car I drove. Ten, perhaps fifteen with a set of those gummy dunlops fitted, Suzuki san driving, using his sublime skills and a telepathic knowledge of the car’s handling traits.

ummm im not sure but i think im reading that the guy who drove the gtr is saying that he cant believe that the gtr ran a 7:29 and that even with suzuki san driving and with the dunlops that it could maybe get 15 seconds faster than the 7:55 that he ran bringing it to 7:40....still not very close to 7:29...
twotoes is offline   Reply With Quote