View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 12:22 PM   #90
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn sucks that you ended up with the earlier CD003. The CD009 is much stronger overall as you noted. From my research when I was considering swapping out the trans instead of selling the car I remembered reading a few posts where the TR6060 from the Camaro having issues under some hard driving for some. Now if you talk about the T56 Magnum which is different from the TR6060 you are talking about a STOUT trans but also at the price of $3000+ new. From Tremec the trans has two options, 2.66 or 2.97 so you have your pick between shorter gearing or higher top speed. If you search around LS1Tech there is an RX7 with LS9 turbo setup running a completely stock Mangum with 2.66 running low 9s all day.

To me the sore part of my recent LS1 setup was the T56. With the SPEC 3+ clutch it was quite the hassle to drive in traffic. Weekend driving it was fine but still annoying. It took the fun away from driving the car at times. If I ever do another build I would either go with the CD009 or Magnum for sure.

Keep up the good work been following your build from day 1. Cant wait to see the final results.

Last edited by 2muchboost; 02-02-2016 at 11:23 AM..
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote