View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 02:51 AM   #14
Martinem092396

Trader Rating: (2)
Martinem092396 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok thanks for the input guys. I managed to fix problems 1 and 3 being the car cranking from ignition and alternator problem.

For those of you who might have this problem in the future...
For the alternator make sure your battery and alternator are good. I would get these checked at your local auto parts store. Also check the main alternator fuse which is a grey 75A fuse located in the fuse box on the passenger side. (I believe for s14 it is a 100A fuse). Lastly make sure you connect ALL 3 connectors for the alternator as it is very easy to miss one and your alternator will not do it's job.. in my case, I did forget to connect one of the connectors. I swore I had all the connectors plugged in so just triple check all your wires and grounds.

For the car cranking problem I honestly gave up on trying to figure out what the problem was that didn't allow me from cranking the car from the ignition. I got tired of having to crank it manually with a screwdriver and especially because the gear would get damaged over time. Eventually down the road I will try and figure out how to make it work properly but for now here is my simple hack.. all I did was splice the starter wire from
The ignition and literally ran it straight to the starter. Remember when you do this you are bypassing all the safety switches so if you have a manual you won't have to press down the clutch to start the car so just take that into consideration. Just make sure you use a thick enough wire anywhere from 12-14 gauge and you should be pretty solid.
Martinem092396 is offline   Reply With Quote