View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 12:35 PM   #9
a3dicbillygoat

Trader Rating: (0)
a3dicbillygoat is an unknown quantity at this point
9/19/2014 event update!

Going into this event I had no idea how the new front steering set up was going to react with all the changes I made. I changed almost everything on the front end:extended FLCA's, Moog drop ball joints, offset tension rods, PBM knucles, PBM rack spacers and Abercrombie tie rods.

The first run of the day/night I ran into realllllly bad overcentering issues when taking left turns that I needed to fix. it was super sketchy like rip the steering wheel out of my hands status. I ended up decreasing the caster to help prevent over centering and it helped.

Run number two the changes felt great no over centering when drifting to the left but when I slid the car to the right I felt a slight over centering that I needed to adjust. I ended up spinning out on this run because I transitioned to hard and then got back on the throttle to soon. noob mistake. oh well.

Third run of the night felt great, did the whole coarse had a blast. then realized my master cylinder was failing. sick.

What was going to be the fourth run of the day my car was having extremely sporadic electrical output. This ended my night and I limped home. At the time I didn't realize this was from the battery cable being completely coroaded on the positive terminal.

Last edited by a3dicbillygoat; 10-26-2014 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: filling imformation
a3dicbillygoat is offline   Reply With Quote