View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #100
nismox4xlife

Trader Rating: (0)
nismox4xlife is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxer300zx View Post
Not trying to be a dick but I've talked to you on 240one.
Did you ever do anything to compensate the space of the adapter? Space the flywheel or mill down the bellhousing? You're spacing the transmission away from everything and expecting it to be fine. Plenty of threads with guys ignoring this and having problems. Even a 1uzfe s13 on here with a z33 trans who snapped his input shaft. Does the modified tob and pilot adapter suppose to compensate the space the adapter is taking? There's different input on this on many threads.

Also I'll agree someone who has a buisness should have 100% commitment in the buisness and customers but considering the amount of adapters this company puts out and has options for and if going to school maybe a bit of a stuggle And hard to maintain all. I'll agree a crooked weld on the TOB is b.s and should've never been shipped to you.

Also that bellhousing is not designed around the ls400 or stock exhaust system I know your not saying its a major flaw and just maybe pointing it out? It was merely designed as a cheap way to get the trans adapted to a 1uz all of wich auto in U.S.
Regardless shaving the starter bolts was a very common talked about problem on many threads.
No, I never checked anything. This is why I paid a grand for a bolt in swap kit that someone else did all the R&D and fab work on. The flywheel uses the flex plate spacer, and that's it. Other than that it all gets assembled like a typical clutch setup. I shouldn't have to check, modify, or change anything. The "custom" tob is what compensates for spacing out the transmission, and the input shaft is definitely making it all the way in because it makes it into the pilot bearing adapter included in the kit.

But I digress. I don't care what kind of business it is, if you don't 110% commit to your customer base regardless of whatever quantity of anything you sell you're running a shitty business. Nothing can excuse not sending a replacement item in 15 days after being clearly ignored or dodged.

Yes, I was just pointing out that it didn't fit. I find it completely excusable because its being used in a method that wasn't intended or thought of when it was designed.

And the shaving of the starter bolts wasn't a problem, it just shocked me that someone who claims to be an engineering student couldn't find a better solution as I'm sure everyone who install this kit at some point realized if the starter ever dies they would have to pull the trans, and the adapter plate to remove the starter bolts because the starter is threaded for them in that direction, its not nuts and bolts. I was merely also pointing out what I felt was a pretty lame solution.

But to get back on topic, Turtle the uz is looking good. Did you make those spark plug covers?!
nismox4xlife is offline   Reply With Quote