View Single Post
Old 06-04-2004, 04:21 PM   #39
Chernobyl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
Chernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond reputeChernobyl has a reputation beyond repute
Flybert, I agree to a point. Last time I was at a real track (PMI in Pueblo, Colorado) I felt so comfortable and quit paying attention. Then after a few hard laps trying to keep up with a friend of mine (who's really experienced, I stood no chance) I overheated my brakes and went for a little off road excursion. This would have never happened on touge, because I simply won't push that hard in the mountains. What I'm trying to say is the track gives you a safe feeling and you are more liable to make mistakes. That I agree with you on.

However, practicing your skills at 100% on touge is just asking for trouble. I know this personally.

Halo, drifting is not lame. Be a litle more open-minded. Most guys that I know that are into drift are also very into autox and SCCA time trials. Perhaps its different where you live, but here we try to make drifting just a fun activity to kill some time between classic forms of racing. In the end, its all just for fun.