View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 10:25 AM   #2
300ztt
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
300ztt is an unknown quantity at this point
I then sent the heads out to Advanced Inductions! Man they do awesome work!
got their 226cc CNC port job. I also sent them my springs, retainers etc to get installed.

i picked up ARP Head studs aswell, ARP Main studs, ARP Cam bolts, ARP rocker bolts.
No pics of these, never took any. But i have receipts haha.
I also bought a ported LS6 Oil Pump from Texas Speed and performance to add to my collection. (its in the box there lol..)

so at this point in time, i started the motor pull.
Here is the car the night i pulled it in

i immediately started ripping it apart! i was so excited for this swap. i literally dreamed about it everyday for years. I had to be very careful pulling the motor and harness, seeing as i had a buyer lined up (who did purchase it a few months later)

Once the motor was out, i started deleting all the old vg30 stuff i had no use for. The carbon canister, egr stuff, the metal hard piping under the bumper etc. I removed good amount of weight as well as rid of a lot of clutter.

the new wiring harness

i also removed the TT fuel pump back when i parted out my previous car. The Fuel Pump only had 6k on it seeing as i changed it before. So i installed it into my new setup!

since i had the exhaust off the car i polished it

i also picked up a trick flow steam vent kit because i wanted to vent the rear of the cylinder heads.
Time for more go fast parts!
i purchased a Fast LSXR 102mm Intake with Nick Williams throttle body, and i sold the fast 36lbers for some 42lbers.

also got new valve cover grommets and bolts.
i sold the LQ4 valve covers after i had them powder coated because the holley covers looked too good!

Now that i had the motor out, i installed the harness through the firewall harness hole by removing the AC Evaporator. I then turned my attention to the 6.0L LQ4 i had sitting in the garage.

By this time, i had made up my mind on going with a stroker kit. I figured go big or go home right? i'm already this far i might as well do it exactly how i dreamed it. I went with a 408ci rotating assembly made by eagle. It came with h-beam rods, mahle pistons, arp connecting rod bolts, piston rings, main bearings etc, but it did not come balanced.. so i had to pay an extra $180 on top of the 2200$ price for the assembly.

I had the bare block machined and bored .030 over.
Once the block was back from the machine shop, it was dropped it off at my best friends house. His father builds motors, and is amazing at it! I would then spend majority of my nights over at the mad scientists place for assembly.

My buddies father noticed something off, the main bearing clearance was too tight.. and these main bearings came in the kit with the rotating assembly. He called jegs, and they said they will send the correct bearings. A few days pass by, the bearing arrive and the clearance is still too tight.

Luckily for me, he caught that. Because if not.. i would have ran into many problems.. and most definitely spun a bearing. if i was installing the rotating assembly alone i would have missed this and blew the motor. The bearings that come with the kit should have been a perfect fit but were not. If this was not caught, i would have been out thousands of dollars all because jegs sent me the incorrect part.
Moving past this, Jegs is an awesome company. But things happen.

Lifters in

Ported LS6 oil pump and ls2 timing chain on. Along with windage tray (which had to be spaced out because the stroker crank)

Arp studs installed along with crank pulley, front timing cover, and my new camshaft!

Test fitting drivers side header
[

Last edited by 300ztt; 07-27-2016 at 11:28 AM..
300ztt is offline   Reply With Quote