View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 01:57 PM   #1
c0dew0rd_69
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
c0dew0rd_69 is an unknown quantity at this point
FS/FT: 1992 LS400 w/ 5 speed w58 manual trans swap, ksport coilovers, motegi wheels

Up for sale is my custom, 5 SPEED LS400. The LS400 never came in 5 speed. It was only offered as an automatic luxury sedan. The 5 speed swap was done by a shop called Daft Innovations in Modesto,Ca. It utilizes a w58 transmission from a 92 Supra and a custom adaptor plate and custom tranny mounts. To recreate this swap would cost about $2700. The previous owner had the swap done a few years ago and he told me that it was the first one ever done. The engine is very healthy, 1uz are pretty much indestructible and can go for 400xxx+ miles with proper maintanence (with the previous owner has done). I got this car in a trade and it's fun as hell to drive but I am looking for something else.

Here is a list of what is used for the M/T swap:

w58 transmission
3sgte flywheel modified
arp 4age flywheel bolts
3sgte mr2 pressure plate/supra disc
howe racing slave cylinder or quartermaster
toyota throw out bearing inplace of the howe/quartermaster
pilot bearing 7mge
1uzfe to w58 steel/aluminum adapter/slave spacer
drive shaft single piece 3 inch diameter beefiness
drive shaft adapter to dif "eliminate the rubber bushings"
transmission crossmember "custom" energy suspension/toyota hybrid bushing "designed by Daft"
in car under dash 3/4 bore master cylinder/clutch pedal setup/with external reservoir/braided feed lines
remote bleeder for the slave in transmission
w58 extension to center the w58 shifter in the factory ls400 shifter hole "over 7 inches back from mk3 w58"

Other mods/Info:

A/C and heater work great
K sport coilovers
Bored out cats
17x9 Motegi Touge wheels
Custom grill
BRAND NEW fuel tank
BRAND NEW fuel pump
Body is straight but needs a paint job
Exedy stage 2 clutch with custom clutch pedal
Solid diff bushings
One piece drive shaft
Welded diff

Text me for more info. 562 325 7510
Price $5700 obo
Located in Whittier, Ca 90602.

Mainly looking for cash only but may be interested in trades for a 2000+ Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4, e34 540i M sport, other RWD or AWD vehicles, no projects.

Last edited by c0dew0rd_69; 08-27-2014 at 04:43 PM..
c0dew0rd_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links