View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #16
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakville View Post
Do a CA18. They dont get nearly half as much love as they should!

If I did a 240 I'd definitely do a CA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post
CA in the Two-Tone!
I'm also leaning toward the CA, just from a reliability standpoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander240 View Post
Hey man awesome build so far by removing collars and flipping the brackets can you show us a picture?
I don't have a picture of it right now because its cold out and I'm too lazy to take my wheel off but what I mean when I say flip the bracket is to take the lower bracket on the coilover (the one that bolts to the knuckle) and turn it upside down. This will give you another inch of lowness on most coils. The lower bracket is not removable on struts and some coilovers though. You also cannot flip the rear brackets but rear coilovers usually have enough adjustment (if you droop them) to match the fronts.

As for the locking collars, I just mean remove the ones that you don't need. If your coilovers are set to max low then you will have some (usually 2) locking collars that are not doing anything and keep you from going lower since they take up space. Just leave the one that holds up the spring and remove the rest. You can just spin them off when you have the lower bracket off. Here is a picture of the collars after I removed them.

Let me know if that helps. If you are still confused I could probably go out and take a picture.
Rustys14 is online now   Reply With Quote