View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 09:53 AM   #23
enriquetc240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
enriquetc240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripnbst View Post
The real problem with S-Chassis cars is people who don't have money drive them. People start out in an S Chassis and then move on to other platforms. S Chassis cars are old, they are tough to get loans on because of their age, or cluster swaps so mileage isn't accurate. No bank will loan money on a car with a known swapped cluster or a 1990. Even if you do find a bank would lend on this car, they sure as shit aren't lending $30,000 on it, they will loan KBB value on it, or about $2,000. Someone with $30,000 is smart enough to know they shouldn't buy a car for $30,000 that is worth $2,000 to his insurance company. This car will be nearly impossible to sell as is. Sell the roller for $2000 and keep the drivetrain. You already acknowledged you're going to take a loss. I don't think you realize how big of a loss you're going to have to take to get rid of it.

Why are you selling it? Why not just finish it and enjoy it? I look at it like this, you could probably finish the car for $5,000 or sell it and it would cost you god only knows how much in the loss you'd have to take to move it. Then while you're enjoying it, have a for sale sticker on it. Maybe someone sees you run a 9 sec quarter mile and loves the car and pays you close to what you want for it. In non-running condition, you're going to have SUCH a hard time selling.

Best of luck to you anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you for the kind words sir.

Ive lost motivation on this project honestly, just working and completing other projects etc and life in general.
However my son saw me list this here the other day and now hes harassing me to finish it, so im inclining to finish it.