View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 01:49 PM   #1
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Slow crank? 25 year old ignition system or wire in a relay.

As tittle says, I need some second opinions on this no crank/slow crank issue.

Starter isn't the issue but it's amperage related. Starter spins and engages off the car and on the car with battery pack with load perfect. Add in the starter signal wire off the stock system car doesn't want to start. Either hear it click or it spins stupid slow which doesn't have enough momentum to build compression to start.

Is there something in the stock system aka ignition that needs replacing or should I just forget it and do a relay thats big enough for a starters amps. Wire it up like you do for the fuel pump so it get proper voltage/amp.

Two things Im unsure of is what type of relay I need to run on a sytem like a starter, im assuming a 25amp one for fans is a no go and the other thing is could it be a week link in my stock system? Battery in the trunk is a new optima, grounds are clean, no voltage drop to front of the car, 0 resistance on grounds and have a grounding kit on my intake.

The fact I can unplug the starter wire, jump my 12v battery wire to that and it cranks normal speed and car will start says something is up from the ignition key system to the starter.

I'll see if the key barrel isnt loose because I need to fix the contacts on my headlight switch because after replacing a new popup side it went out again and wiring all looks fine.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links