View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 05:03 AM   #8
Bunnywith240

Trader Rating: (0)
Bunnywith240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver350z05rb View Post
Theres defective oem nissan thermostats floating around,a cold lower hose means the thermostat isnt opening,when u run without a thermo,both hoses are somewhat warm because ofthe constant flow,so normally,both hoses need to be warm to hot,i have 3 NEW,yes new nissan thermostats,put all 3 in a pot and boiled water,inserted temp gauge and one opens up at 76c other 2 dont START to open till about 95c,so by the time its fully open,the gauge reads 120c.,i bled the air out a million times till I thought to test them,i figuered new nissan oem parts wouldnt fail,the one that works looks different,the other 2 have the outer parts like non oem,but I purchased them at nissan......also make sure you installed the thermostat correct,the jiggle valve on the stat needs to be at 12oclock
Well fuck. So much for OEM quality. What happens if the "jiggle valve" on the "stat" isn't at 12 o'clock?? I let the engine cool down, went in the garage and as soon as I loosened the rad cap, it let out some pressure and was room for more agua. I refilled again and loosened the bleeder valve. Used a funnel and filled it till water came shooting out of the bleeder and capped that hoe. I hope that kinda solves it. Can't start the car up too late and piss off the neighbors. Well I could but that'd be a dick move.

Appreciate the help fellas. I'll check back in and update tomorrow.
Bunnywith240 is offline   Reply With Quote