View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 11:29 PM   #26
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
Dude what?

7m's have a W58 Transmission which is what requires the conversion bell housing. R154 should bolt right up to a JZ.

You have 2 options here. Expensive and kinda difficult to find R154 that will not explode. Or cheap plentiful W58 which requires a conversion bellhousing but will 'splode somewhere between 300-400 hp.
Sorry man, but you are wrong. The turbo mkIII Supras did in fact come with a r154. The MkIII r154s have different bellhousings (because it was mated to a 7mgte) and a slightly different tailshaft design (still would work for the pourpose of a swap). The NA MKIIIs are the ones that came with a w58 transmission and yes, they aren't very strong. That is why I specified MKIII turbo in my original post. I'm not trying to start a fight, I just want to stop the spread of any mis-information. If you don't believe me google it.
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote