View Single Post
Old 06-19-2023, 09:51 AM   #1
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Quick tip: don't buy third party transmission sensors/switches.

On my car all the transmission switches had brittle and broken wiring and connectors. The wiring broke off from vibration and age on several of them. For $15 or so you can buy Beck/Arnley 2011671 or equivalents as replacements. You can even find them on AliExpress branded by HongWin (which is probably the actual manufacturer) as cheaply as $5.

This aftermarket sensor is inherently flawed - it's vented. You can blow a little air through it. What this means is when the transmission warms up and the fluid expands it will also blow oil right through it. I parked by car after a long drive and found about 3oz of MT-90 on the garage floor. A couple of the sensors are at the same level as the fill plug more or less, a couple sit slightly lower and are constantly submerged in oil.

There is one thing the aftermarket sensors are good for once you've made my mistake, though, and that's if you have a good soldering iron, you can cut off the wiring at the sensor (the wire they use is actually pretty nice with insulation that feels like silicone), do the same with your stock sensor, clean them up nice with isopropyl, and solder the new wire to the old sensor. Works perfectly.

But if you don't want to screw around, true OE sensors are still available:

32005-21U1B replaces the reverse light and 5th gear switch

32006-CD10B replaces the neutral position and 4th gear switch
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links