View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 11:41 AM   #1239
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Yeah, its get away with but really even 1/2" home depot birch play is terrible.... Not a fan.

I can get dibond through someone local, but he said his all his supplier isn't carrying alumalite... Apparently its being phased out in signage industry due to cost....

Alumalite would be my first choice, but hard to find

Quote:
Originally Posted by gills View Post
3/4" plywood is crazy. I've seen many people getting away with 1/2" birch plywood. I'd go over your mounting provisions and make sure everything is properly supported.

I've also heard great things about alumilite composite panel and probably what I'll go with. There's also stuff that's called Dibond that's similar, but it's not a strong as per anecdotal chatter.

What thickness did you use for that alumalite stuff? 3/8"?

Are you using an existing APR piece from another make/model or are you actually having them make one for you?