View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
headup240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
headup240 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to headup240
From Rice to Nice: Stu's S13 Coupe Build

This is more of a "stages of my car" thread due to lack of pictures of the things that I have actually done to my car but I plan on updating with more detailed information as I go from here on.

I bought the car 5 years ago and it has bounced around a little bit. I have still done a majority of the work on the car. I was just getting into the car game then and I was 18 years old so excuse the rice.

I traded my base model FC RX7 for the 240. I don't have any pictures of when I first got it... but it was like four different colors. I rattle canned it with chalkboard paint and sprayed the wheels with duplicolor bronze wheel paint. I also cut the springs (I know) and chopped the muffler and put a straight pipe in. The car is a 1992 Coupe SE with no sunroof and power everything. Also had the HUD as an option.

Mod List
Engine
1998 S14a SR20DET
Wiring Specialties Harness
Factory T28 BB Turbo
DIF Stainless Steel Braided Turbo Lines
Spectre Intake Cone Filter
Recirculated HKS SSQV 3 BOV
Custom Intercooler Piping
CX Racing Front Mount Intercooler
Aluminum SR20 Radiator
Silicone Radiator Hoses
Dual Electric Fans
Carisma S14 SR20DET Conversion Heater Lines
NGK BKR6E Spark Plugs
3" Downpipe
3" Testpipe
3" Apexi WSII
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump

Drivetrain
Stock Transmission
Stock Clutch & Flywheel
B&M Shifter
J30 VLSD

Suspension & Brakes
J30 Front Brake Upgrade
Ichiba 5 Lug Conversion
Isis Rear Upper Control Arms
Isis Toe Arms
Isis Traction Rods
ESM 002-R 17x10 +15
Dunlop Direzza 245/40/17
K-Sport Kontrol Pro Coilovers
Auto Zone Lug Nuts

Electronics
Sony Head Unit
MA Audio 6" Rear Speakers
Polk Audio 6" Front Speakers
6" Door Speaker Conversion Plates
Trunk Battery Relocation
SAFCII Black Edition
Innovate MTX-L Wideband Gauge
Autometer Boost Gauge
Nissan Consult Compatability

Interior
S14 Seats
Tomei Duracon Shift Knob
Custom Leather Stitched Shift Boot
Center Vent Gauge Pod

Chassis
Silvia Front End Conversion
Dmax 25mm Wide Front Fenders
Brick Headlights
Silvia K's Aero Replica Bumper
Custom Maxima Gunmetal Metallic With Added Pearl Paintjob

Interior when I got it:

Did a couple of drift events...sucked.

Got some Sportmax 002 16x8 +0 and had to roll/pull my fenders. Also picked up a 3" catback from my friend for $100.

I then painted it white with some shitty Auto Zone paint and painted the wheels green. (Moar rice I know)

Tried out some Tenzo wheels but I don't like the way 18's look on a stock body S13.

Got some shitty wheels and can't remember why.

Tried to de-rice it a little bit and bought some Tein Basic coilovers and some powdercoated Advan Oni wheels. (Similar specs to the Sportmaxes)

Another drift event:

Put a Silvia front on with bricks and Dmax 25mm fenders. Also tried to strip and polish the Advans and failed miserably. (Powdercoat is some hard shit to get off.)

Did a couple moar drift events:

I then primed the whole car to get it one color and picked up some uber rare SSR Dish type wheels 17x8 +4 and 17x9 +4

At this point I picked up some Stance GR+ coilovers which made a night and day difference. Also added Z32 brakes all around.

I also prepped the car for paint. Decided to go with Honda Galapagos Green. Thought it looked pretty cool but we let it dry outside and the condensation overnight ruined the paint. I tried to cut and buff it the best I could.

Did another drift event:

Me and my buddy picked up an S13 hatch with a CA18DET, BBS RS, Springs and a few other things for $700. The dude said it didn't run and cant figure out why. When we got their we noticed that the fuel pump fuse was blown. We replaced it and it fired right up. Needless to say... he wasn't very happy.

So we swapped the motors in both cars. We put the CA in mine and the KA in the blue hatch in one day. Sold the blue hatch and tried to clean up the swap in my car.

By the way we checked the compression and it was perfect. 180 across the board. I beat on this setup for a little while.

The interior was beat to hell at this point. I did acquire some S14 seats at this point though.

Last edited by headup240; 05-26-2013 at 07:04 PM..
headup240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links