View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 01:17 PM   #16
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
While we are at it, what's everyone's preference for rod/main bearings as well as clearances? I know there's a lot of variables involved such as if certain machining steps are performed or not.

Personally, I'll always go with OEM Nissan bearings, sized off of the markings that are stamped into the block and the crank, preferably WPC treated. But once any of that gets machined those are moot and needs to be properly measured out. However, i'll never personnaly run a crank that's been machined on the bearing journals as I believe they are surface treated and hardened, and you then lose that hardened material.

I've never been a fan of those ACL "race" bearings that just come one size fits all, no wonder people spin rods so often with those.
A friend of mine that builds fwd sr's often always goes with "calico" bearings?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote