View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 12:11 PM   #15
JoeC1982
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
JoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
UGH please don't put that sub in the quarterpanel. The sound waves coming out of a sub are longer (lower freq = longer wavelength), and need lots of space to fully form in order to sound good. Putting a sub in a 1/4" thick metal box (like the skin of your car), and facing it sideways, with only 3 ft in front of it will make your bass sound HORRIBLE - won't hit hard, and will resonate at some unpleasant freqs.

Please build a small sealed box that sits against the back of your back seat (if you have one) and faces backwards (or forwards, if you like it better). Your ears will thank you whenever you play something other than hip hop.
I'll post the pics when i get home so you can see it, its not at all like you described it. i've been doing this for along time, i'll let the pics do the talking.

My feedback: http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=169481
JoeC1982 is offline   Reply With Quote