View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 11:15 AM   #607
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
My dog, I didn't need a term paper on fluid dynamics.
I'm asking if there is any factory restrictor in the two oem hoses on the exhaust side of the S14/15 valve cover. I don't have the oem hoses. I know S13 has them.

Care to show me how you personally have measured pressure drop in the sr20 crank case? You say this all the time but i've never seen you actually show how YOU do it.
1. its not fluid dynamics, its high school chemistry from the entry level CHM1101 book. I Would never post fluid dynamics on an internet forum because nobody can use those PDE easily.
Dynamic equilibrium:

CHM1101 book:

2. It doesn't matter what kind of engine you have, they are all the same requirements designed by the OEM Engineers around the world.
You can measure using any 0-5v 2-Bar Map sensor, exactly the same way you measure intake manifold boost pressure.

So to recap, if you can measure boost pressure, you can measure crankcase pressure. If your ECU lacks the ability (OEM ecu or PFC) You can use Arduino ($22~) with any 2-bar map sensor (0-5v sensor). Since arduino can directly measure voltage, there is no need for resistor/voltage divider as with other resistance based sensors. If you'd like to see how I do it on my Chevrolet engine send a PM and I will give you instructions, videos, pictures, part numbers for all the components I Use to do this, In fact I even have extra Arduinos I can send you one for free.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote