View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 05:19 PM   #39
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
These look to be roughly $2100-2300 turbos. Yes they add some bits over the equivalent Garrett that's around $1300-1400 sans turbine housing - but that still seems quite the premium for very very similar performance.
I'm not really going to argue here, both turbos cost a lot of money, and I think there is a correct application for them all. But I've never seen a single-scroll turbo on a stock STI spool dang near like the stock turbo and be capable of 500+whp. I know I know dyno's don't show transient response, but I'm pretty sure the power curves don't lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyX2 View Post

I'm not seeing the roughness you guys are talking about on the turbine side. Assuming the inlet is as smooth as the inside of the outlet in the picture, it looks pretty smooth to me.
I do believe the external gate housings are still investment cast across the EFR line. They only had problems investment casting the more complex internal gate housings.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote