View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 12:45 PM   #10
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
Make your TB bracket out of something with some give. Use like 0.063" thick aluminum instead of the 1/8-3/16" stuff you're using now. This will give some flex there to reduce stress on the throttle shaft.
I hear what you're saying but think about the stock setup; its pretty rigid. Don't you think its just probably the extended placement of the S14 pulley?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
I believe switching over to the Q45 throttle body has alleviated a lot of high HP guys' problems with this same scenario.
Do you have a picture of one. Are there any noticeable differences to the shaft or is it just a larger bore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Sure there is a stop there, but when you hit the stop the cable is still pulling on the pulley and putting stress on the shaft.
Na, I'm pretty sure it wasn't over pulling the stop but ya know its hard to tell now. I'll have to verify that on the next install. I wonder what the difference is between the skinny pedals' sweep and the length of pull exposed at the end of the pedal. I mean surely there is a difference given its a 240sx cable an SR throttle body, and an S14 Sr pulley.

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote