Thread: Finally an S14
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 12:26 PM   #311
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
I spent all last week prepping the car for an autocross at Zmax dragway.
Huge open lot with plenty of seat time.

Started off with buying a bad ass riv-nut gun, this thing it great!
Now the widebody is super easy to take off and put on if needed.

With that knocked out I moved on to finally installing my Sparco 4 point harness and
completing the install of my Sparco seat as well. This is by far my favorite part of the car now!

Since I never got around to mounting the headlights, I decided to knock all of that out and wire
them up. Made this bracket out of some aluminum so I don't have to take the headlights off to
remove the fenders now.

Loaded up the little trailer the next morning and left at 5:30am to make the hour and twenty
minute drive to Zmax Dragway. They have a HUGE paved lot beside the dragstrip and it ensures plenty of seat time.

I feel bad for your guys on the West Coast that don't know about some Bojangles biscuits on a
Saturday morning, dude at the drive thru loved the car lol

Got to the track and found out with the slicks on the front bumper rubs too much, might be
time to go with some smaller sidewall tires to cure this issue. But for now the fix is taking the bumper off.

Spotted this clean Z31 at the autox as well

Also this BADASS Chevelle, LOVE LOVE LOVE that body style!

All in all, not a bad day on the track, the car made 8 laps (my brother was co-driving), and

made the trip home without an issue, hate the look w/o a bumper, but it was still a blast, even
with slicks that wouldn't stay warm
To resolve the tire/bumper fitment and the slicks not heating up on short
runs, I've ordered some Federal RS-RR tires that should be here soon. Can't wait to see how gripy they get
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote