View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 04:27 PM   #23
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
I agree with a good portion of this, however if you're suggesting to run the 17mm bearing due to a weight concern the benefit would not be great enough to sacrifice the protection of the 19mm GTiR bearing.
I wasn't referring to weight with my suggestion to use 17mm bearings, more so just trying to keep the engine as efficient as possible. Not sure if it would really make much of a difference in the long run, but that extra 2mm on each bearing is a total of 8mm of extra surface that is "riding on" the crank. I'm not an engineer though so I could be way off

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
Well I’m either going with a dual shim setup and later model hydraulic lifters (still researching this setup) or Tomei solid lifters.
Solid lifters should be used on a cam larger than a 260 or 264 especially when going for high rpm.