View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 09:24 AM   #67
MyblackS13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
MyblackS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Flipt - I would be willing to make another, I actually built it with intentions of selling them as a kit with the low profile reverse switch, but I've noticed the release action softening up on mine and it doesn't work nearly as well now as it did when I first installed it. So I'm planning a redesign once I get a little further on the wheel fitment project.

Malik - I probably could sell them for a little more than the price of a Percy's Wheelrite, with certain limitations, in it's current design its for 1 wheel diameter and 1 width unless there are extra rim sections made, and you have to use a combination square with it to move the two sides the same. It's not too refined, but it definitely works.

- Small update on the thread.

My wheels came in from Ebay yesterday, they look amazing, one draw back, turns out they measured the wheels wrong, they're 17's....not too happy about that. So right now I have the dilemma of sending them back and most likely accepting the fact that Forgelines probably will not be in my budget, or work the seller over for a discount and build them with double step lips. The way I see it is the wheels have 3 strikes on them for the money, 17's, weak offset, works out to like a +50, and a bad barrel, so they're basically a set of 17" faces. I bought them figuring on buying a set of 18" faces. I'm struggling with it since I was super pumped on running Forgelines with their reputation, and I'm not sure if I want to go to a double step, I've seen a few double steps I like, but most remind me of a dog wearing a cone on its head and just look sad. Decisions decisions....

Last edited by MyblackS13; 01-25-2017 at 11:05 AM..
MyblackS13 is offline   Reply With Quote