View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 11:08 AM   #3
battery1882
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
battery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bckfire View Post
soo....let me start by saying that this is my first post in this forum, and actually my very first post on any forum...soo hang with me for a sec but ive decided to document this somewhere since it may be helpful for some.
I am currently doing a rebuild on my sr and i noticed that my oil pump o-ring that meets the block with the front cover is flat..not using it...same with my oil pick up tube o-ring....i looked these up online and they are between $4-$10 and yes that means ill have to wait for it to arrive....well i recently found out that there's a lot of subaru parts that fit on a 240sx...and maybe ill make a separate tread later about them but for now the subaru tribeca 3.0 front timing cover shares the same o-ring size as the sr oil pump o ring, the subaru part is 806916080(o ring-16. 1x2.3) its about $1.73.
I also found an o-ring that fits perfectly on my oil pick up tube, i will have the part number tomorrow since i was able to get my hands on it late today at work, figure this may help some guys that are willing to drive to their local subaru dealer to get a $2 o-ring if they need it ASAP or are inpatient like me.
I wouldn't risk it personally. if that seal goes bad, you will lose pressure and there goes your bearings. You may get away with it but not worth the risk.