Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I spent about 150 total for the following:

4 Cans of Pink
1 Can of Silver Base
1 Can of Acrylic Clear

The Pro's:
Its cheaper, especially if you don't have a spray gun
I used News paper and tin foil to mask stuff off... Already had masking tape
Paint actually dries hard and is pretty dang tough. Won't run when brake cleaner hits it. Although i wouldn't recommend spraying brake cleaner straight onto it and rubing it.

Cons:
Sounds dumb..but truthfully my finger hurts from constantly having to push the top down to get spray. (the next day my finger wasn't visually bruised..but it felt like it)
You need to be careful and prepring is very very important. I recommend doing the same amount of prep work as you would a professional job. So if you think you cleaned it well enough... you probly didnt. Mine crinkled in a few areas and this being my first time really painting anything of substantial importance... kinda was a bummer..but it'll be covered by some heat barrier material anyhow. But still sucks that to fix it i'd need to sand it down completely in that area...primer..paint..and clear over it ya know?

Over-all... if you have less than 200 bucks and no paint gun/resources to use a gun and you've never done it before.... then use these paints. AV Auto Paint can actually ship you these same cans.. and believe me... it's worth it.

But if you have over 300 to spend on paint..then go ahead and go the gun route. pressing down on the can is a pain and you really have to watch the spray tip of the can to make sure it doesn't accumulate on the tip and splatter. I carried a little rag to wipe it down every few passes. Also make sure you spray consistently and evenly. The light spots could've been avoided if I would've done a bonefied 1st coat, 2nd coat...3rd coat etc. But other than that.. live and learn and yes I'm happy with how it came out. It's not a show car anyhow. Just needed something that would look good and protect the metal while I burn rubber =-)
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote