View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 06:21 AM   #4
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowflex View Post
hey i was thinking about doing this to my S13 SR20. has anyone bored out their sr, or gotten a stroker kit? how successful were you? how safe do you think this is (would the cylinder walls become to thin)?

also after talking to a mechanic, he said i could expect to get 200 extra horses out of the kit giving me around 550 on 14lbs of boost. i just put in a spec stage 2+ clutch, but other than that my drivetrain is stock. with the increase in power and torque would the tranny, driveshaft and everything else be able to handle the increase? or would i have to upgrade even more?
A good rule thumb on an SR bottom end is that anything more than an 87mm bore, you better sleeve the bitch.

Anyways, I've never heard of anybody making 550 hp on just 14 lbs of boost. Its a 4 cylinder for crying out loud. No fucking way in hell it can spool up a big ass turbo (thinking GT40 range) to hit that number without it being stupidly laggy.

As far as what uthemofo said about the SR tranny...HAHAHAHA. SR trannies are like fucking glass. I wouldnt hold my fucking breath on a stock used tranny with an unknown amount of abuse, holding a candle to what you're trying to do. Do yourself a favor and get a Z32 TT transmission, get with Mazwork to do the bellhousing and be done with it. Itll be the last transmission you'd need if your serious about hitting 550hp.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote