View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Thanks for the input. I should add a few more details:

The motor is out of the car and on a stand. The intake manifold and exhaust manifold/turbo are removed from the motor, as well as the trans/clutch/flywheel (obviously). So it is pretty much ready to have this work done at this point. The bay/car are going to be painted during this process and all of the wiring is going to be sorted out/cleaned up, so I have plenty of time for the install.

I guess I will have to learn more about completely disassembling the head/ valve train. I want to keep things as simple as I can without cheaping out. Obviously I want to replace everything that should be with the right parts, I am just concerned about not having experience with the inside of a motor. I would hate to spend all of this money and time only to have it blow up because of a stupid mistake made on my part. I am, however, very open to learning.

The timing belt components will all be OEM from NissanParts.cc, so no worries on that end. I will do the tensioner and the guides along with the chain.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote