View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 05:41 PM   #6
firejackal
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
firejackal will become famous soon enoughfirejackal will become famous soon enoughfirejackal will become famous soon enoughfirejackal will become famous soon enoughfirejackal will become famous soon enough
Update: Finally got the keyless function to work.
How: I had to buy a remote from Nissan. The ones sold on ebay/amazon was the incorrect fcc number. Found this out by looking at some other thread posts.

I was a little afraid using the radio antenna part on the rear windshield wouldn't work.
Because of that I bought a newer nissan (renault) antenna, that I might still see if I can get it to work.

Only issue with that newer antenna is it's two wire, and I'm unsure if it needs a booster. But from what I can tell both pins are connected together inside the unit with hardly any resistance, so maybe from one side of the antenna to the other side. And it's meant to have several of them spread out through the car (three.)

Other part I need to work on is my relays (I still need to add that third relay for the turn signal cut off) I need to look into using solid state relays. Because when I lock/unlock the car using the remote you can audibly hear the loud relays outside the car.
firejackal is offline   Reply With Quote