View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 07:27 AM   #23
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
Quote:
Originally Posted by mct3351 View Post
You are right about how the s14 pulley is installed on an s14 throttle body but the pulley sits closer to the throttle body on the s14 than the s13. See the "free body diagram" for clarification on what I mean by bending. The throttle cable pull is much closer to the throttle body on both the s13 and s14 from the factory than what your working with. The yellow shows an exageration of how the axle is bending once the stop is reached. The OEM s13 pulley is deeply concave to move the pulling action closer to the throttle body.picture
I'm not denying that the S14 pulley, installed on an S13 throttle body, doesn't increases the leverage advantage on the center shaft, I even brought that up myself when responding to Def. What I am trying to illustrate that there is more to just slapping on an S14 pulley to cure the cable alignment issues with a GReddy style manifold. And more recently to discount those who think I've got it installed incorrectly.

The main objective behind this thread is to bring to light the problems with this commonly recognized quick solution for the GReddy style manifold. Thanks for the illustration, and I'm quite aware of what you are describing, but like I said, this is/has been a common solution for this manifold. Apparently more support is needed for this assembly.

My new throttle body will be here in a few days. I'll get some real numbers and see if its an adjustment issue or if more support is needed. I think the pulley is a great solution but might require additional support.

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote