View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 10:06 AM   #41
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
THat will certainly fix it! I know I spent quie some time designing a bracket to not require a stopper, but man that looks great! Nice solution
Thanks! Can you elaborate more on how you prevented over pulling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspaeth View Post
This is 100% definitely true.
The question to me now, however, is why this would ever cause stress on the THROTTLE SHAFT.......it seems to me that once the throttle pulley hits the stopper, any subsequent pressure put on the pedal only results in additional tension in the cable.
It does not seem that additionally pushing on the pedal imparts any additional stress on the shaft........
Nonetheless, I agree with your assessment.
I basically think that the circumfrence of the SR throttle pulley is smaller than that of the KA.....
Hence, less pedal action is required to fully open the throttle.
The interesting question here would be if someone owns a JDM 240sx could measure the distance between the pedal and the floor stopper in their car. My bet is that the stopper on a JDM 240 sits closer to the pedal.
Yeah, I would also love to know this. There has got to be a few Silvia's on here that can comment, although I'm not sure how easily measured that is. I see what you're saying about the shaft and I think that is the case on the stock setup; S13 SR20 with S13 pulley, since its offset more towards the throttle body. Surely the extra moment arm of the S14 pulley has to push it past its breaking point. Also don't forget the stop isn't located on the pulley its closer to the throttle body, so the cable is actually out past that leverage point (reference the first picture in this thread). After installing the piece I ran down a couple nice roads on the way home and noticed how hard I would contact the stop under throttle modulation; its apparent its there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYS13SLIDER View Post
nice pedal extension, but i think the quicker easier solution would have been to add the piece of billet,or for that matter, any other suitable material as an extension on top of the throttle stop thats already located on the floor and not on the pedal itself. Thats what i plan on doing at least.

I originally tried what you are describing but that factory stop is only secured with the one self tapping screw and if you remove the stop you'll see that its not as easy as it looks to mount to. You can't drill into the piece, b/c you'll fu*k up how it mounts and since its so loosely mounted I didn't feel anything I mounted to it would be reliable.

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote