View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 01:00 PM   #1283
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZenkiS14 View Post
Alright, so here's my next question about brakes. Does anyone make a caliper upgrade kit for Z32 rears? Something that utilizes a stock Z32 rotor, so I can maintain my Ebrake, but that uses a stronger caliper with a more common/effective pad size?

I know C4 makes their insanely awesome rear kit, but I'm gonna be strapped to get their front kit setup this season as is, and wont have an additional 1500 for rear brakes at this point I dont think.

So I'm looking for a caliper upgrade option.
There's a lot of write ups about using rear STI Brembos with rear Z32 rotors. From what I've read though it's mainly a "bling" thing if you already have Z32 rear calibers. Meaning a larger diameter rotor is what you really want for an upgrade.

This dude did a write up about the rear swap (about half way down the page):
https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/fo...e/53359/page5/
Quote:
The STI caliper is marketed as a great option online on Zilvia and other stupid websites like superstreetonline, and importtuner.com because it simply bolts into the same place as the s14 caliper with no adapter brackets or anything of the sort. What they don't really cover all that well is that evidently you run into a rotor to caliper offset issue when using these. They conflict, saying you need a 3mm spacer, a five mm spacer, or no spacer at all. What I can tell you is this: Using a Sti caliper on an S14 five lug hub with a Z32 one piece rotor creates the problem you can see in the image below. You can see that the caliper in its mounted location is to far to the drivers side, so the pads won't be contacting the rotor at the same time if I left things as they are. In case you are wondering whether I have the rotor snugged up to the hub appropriately, I snugged it up with three open ended lugnuts just to be sure.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote