View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 02:42 PM   #16
Jacob Butler
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jacob Butler is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
The 12v to the injectors happened after you tried starting the car? Can you hear them clicking when you try to start it?

Tps is mostly a variable resistor and will send a value based on where the throttle is located. So not finding 12v is ok, measuring the resistance might be a better option for this. Unless your measuring directly from the plug, in which case could be a variety of voltages 5v 12v

I'm going to recommend trying to fix, then clear, those codes. Check your service manual for all the grounds and make sure tehy are clean and tightly fastened
I have taken the new harness out of the car and performed the continuity test that you told me to do to the old harness. Here are the results.
tps:black wire read 0.1 ohms. the orange/brown with green stripe wire read an open loop.
fuel injector 1: red wire read 0.2 ohms, orange/brown wire with black stripe did not exist in the loom down towards the ecu so i tested all the wires. when i tested a white with black stripe wire it read 0.4 ohms.
fuel injector 2: red wire read 0.2 ohms, orange/brown with black stripe read open loop, even on that white with black stripe wire.
fuel injector 3:red wire read 0.2 ohms, green with black stripe wire read 0.2 ohms.
fuel injector 4: red wire read 0.2 ohms, green with black stripe wire read open loop.
should i just go ahead and undo all the tape on this harness and see whats causing this???
edit: nevermind, i am just an idiot and i got the colors mixed up. all 4 injectors and tps measured fine. the harness is not the problem.

Last edited by Jacob Butler; 12-29-2017 at 08:41 PM..
Jacob Butler is offline   Reply With Quote