View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 01:59 PM   #1
doridoridori
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
doridoridori is an unknown quantity at this point
cooling issue or bad guages (could use another opinion)

so I have a redtop SR rebuilt. got a pretty good radiator/fan shroud setup, coolant bled well and all of that. Here's the issue i've been having so I have a water temp gauge (prosport performance series) i've heard in the past quality wise they weren't great but not the worse either.

I let the car warm up and sit for 5-10 mins and it reaches 170-180F on the gauge. I have a nismo 160F termostat and everything is working as it should, also running distilled water and water wetter. Now after driving about 5-8 mins tops i see the temp gauge start to get close to 220F it's probably around 215-218F at most. I pulled over immediately and let the car cool down with the fan on the whole time.

Start it up after 15mins and get where im going. I have a cornwell infared thermo gauge so when the gauge in the car read it was that hot i checked with the thermo gun and the gun read 175F at the thermostat housing and around 165F on the upper hose. I have my temp sensor running in the upper hose. Recently just changed out the temp gauge and sensor for a new one a few weeks ago but could the gauge still be off?? if the gauge is wrong but it reads higher than what it is by default im going to shut the car off just to be on the safe side, anyone ever have issues like this with the same brand gauge ? and if so what gauges would you recommend ?
doridoridori is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links