View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 07:00 AM   #15
GRNxS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
GRNxS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenminix View Post
Question on the piston and rods, what kind of fasteners do the rods have? What is the compression difference on those pistons, height, etc.. I have an R32 RB26 in an s13 and kinda wish you still had the crank especially if it was prepped with crank collar or whatever..

What was the direction you was going with this in your RB26? Do these rods and pistons need any supporting mods??
The rods come with ARP hardware. Stock compression on an rb26 is 8.5:1, these pistons will bump it up to 9:1 for a little better engine response and power, while still being in a perfectly safe compression range. Some height is added to the dome of the piston to increase the compression, but as Wiseco spec'd them out they still allow all the piston/valve clearance needed. N1 cranks are still readily available in the u.s. if you needed one, or you could just have your existing crank machined for a collar or spline drive conversion. I put this package together for my motor to shoot for around the 800+whp range, the only reason I'm selling is because my budget for the car has increased quite a bit since buying these parts and I've decided to build a Tomei 2.8 stroker now. As far as supporting mods, you can put these in a completely stock rb26 and not need anything else except for some tuning to compensate for the compression change.