View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 01:18 PM   #5
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuusei View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume this for the most part applies to S13s as well? And that besides increased cooling/brake fade prevention from the larger rotor, actual "bite" or stopping power is exactly the same because you're still using stock calipers?
I can't say for sure it applies directly to the s13 setup as I have not tried this. I'm unsure if the S13 caliper has different dimensions or not. I assume it would be close or possible though regardless, just use washers to space it accordingly.

The actual power applied to the rotor is the same, but in the grand scheme, you have more surface area in the same amount of rotation. THis allows for better fade prevention, more stopping area (if that makes any sense) and a safer (these are thicker) rotor. Remember, justbecause it has more pistons doesn't mean it is always better. You can often go with agressive pads to make up for any difference. I run Carboteech XP12's and these can easily lock the tires up. With slicks it's another story

-CA

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy