View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #3
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkademikONE View Post

Notable signings/trades so far:
-Ron Artest agrees 3yr-deal worth $18mil with LAL with option for 4th and 5th year
-Trevor Ariza agrees to 5yr-deal worth around $32mil to HOU (same amount LA was offering, he can thank
his agent for that)

Discuss.

As much as I hate the Lakers, looks like they have the West locked up for the next 5 years with the Artest signing (baring significant moves by other teams in the west). Unless he becomes a distraction, but Phil Jackson is smarter than that and will bench/suspend him if that happens. Artest will be solid, as long as he doesn't kick a camera man or spit on Jack Nicholson in LA. He will play, but sometimes i think he wants to shoot too much. he would have 3/15, 4/20, 5/25 fg shooting games and that's what would be detrimental unless LA keeps him in check.

Ariza to Houston is a waste. he wont do anything with houston. If anything he should go to a contender like boston, cleveland, magic.. possibly even hornets. with houston, all he is doing is signing with a shitty rebuilding lottery team. (unless yao somehow comes back and tmac is ok again). 9M/year for him is rediculous, i've never heard of that demand till the 08-09 thread on this forum. I thought he just wanted the MLE or slightly higher, which the la would probably offer even if cash strapped for the luxury tax. Now he's going to fade into nothing with a rebuilding team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote