View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 06:08 PM   #63
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Whats wrong with a mishimoto intercooler?

The thing that has always bothered me about intercoolers is the lack of information and stats provided with them. Honestly, there is very very minimal data provided with numerous brands about how their intercooler flows etc. Everybody humps greddy intercoolers, but why are they good? Because it was a huge intercooler core 15 years ago? Have they updated anything about it since? Theres very minimal data showing that a a lot of these big branded intercoolers are any better flowing than say mishimoto or cxracing. I have a cxracing intercooler core on my car, and I have no issues with it. Is there a better product out there? I'm sure there is. But I see no reason to gamble money on something that MIGHT be better performing.
Nothing if that's what you can afford I guess (if they're still affordable that is). Hell, I put a no-name fmic on my s13 that Im planning on selling, not sure how efficient it is but I'm sure it's better than nothing as long as it doesnt leak (which I tested). What I am saying is I think it's funny how people proudly rock these knock-off brands on the open with big logos. On that same s13 I have these generic ic couplers with some badass jdm names on them, know what I do? I clock them so that the brand is not visible haha. I'd give that fmic a quick layer of silver paint, but that's just me...
Not to mention, Im sure in a lot of cases these knock-off brand "upgrades" are actually counterproductive. I seriously doubt these brands have the r&d capabilities that these giant companies that build parts for car manufacturers have. Take that r34 for instance. It is known that the r34 gtr is one of the best oem intercoolers out there. I seriously doubt mishimoto or any similar company for that matter, has the same r&d capabilities as calsonic. Bigger doesn't automatically mean better.

Last edited by feito; 08-23-2018 at 07:05 PM..
feito is offline   Reply With Quote