View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 06:58 PM   #1
dogg4217
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
dogg4217 will become famous soon enoughdogg4217 will become famous soon enoughdogg4217 will become famous soon enoughdogg4217 will become famous soon enough
SR20 Ecu Causing My Problems???

I posted a thread awhile ago about my 93 240sx w/s13 SR20 swap. I was having problems with the car not cutting off and not revving past 2500rpm.

I read and people said that not revving past 2500rpm was caused my the MAF. So I got a SR20 maf from a known running car. Swapped it into my car and I still have the same problem. Check all the wiring and same problem.

So I focus on the car not cutting off problem even after you take the key out of the ignition and cut the battery switch off. I tripled checked all my wiring and checked all relays in the engine bay and everything checked out ok.

Before the swap I was just gathering info an reading up on Nissans, since I am use to Honda's and Jeep's. I read about the E5 ecu having a common problem of the ign circuit blowing up in the ecu. That it would burn up a piece of the circuit if there was a short somewhere in the engine bay. I got the swap from a wrecked car so I popped open the ecu and saw the blown circuit.

I work at a occupation that deals with circuit boards and electronics, so I got a tech to redo the circuit. However this did not fix the problem. I still have those two problems.

So tonight I pull the ecu out. Turn the car to ON, everything comes on power wise. Turn the key to OFF and everything turns off. So I am thinking that the ecu was the cause of my two problems. The car not reving past 2500rpm and the car not cutting off with the key.

I also tried to see if the ecu was throwing any codes and the LED never blinked or came on.

So I am thinking the ecu is the problem.

Has anyone experienced this can I assume 100% that the ecu is my problem? I might be able to swap my ecu into another sr20 car on Saturday to answer my questions, but I wanted to see if this a known problem.

Thanks.
dogg4217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links