View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 07:10 PM   #698
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
It's so frustrating man. I've changed jobs 3 years ago to increase my pay, I had to move closer to said job and yeah the COL was higher but my wage increase offset it by enough that I was still taking home more money.
Since then the houses here have just rocketed up and pay has not nearly gone up even close to enough where i can't even afford to buy a house around me anymore. And they keep raising my rent every single year too.

I make more money now than I did three years ago but after bills are paid I have even less money in my pocket... Idk what to do anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Dude. I bought my house for 140K in 2016. The house next door to mine sold for 279K last year. My mortage is almost $300 more than it used to be due to my county deciding my house value is such much more. It is fucked I could not afford to buy into my own neighbor hood right now. I saw a house for sale smaller than mine with less land 2 blocks down on sale for like 320K.

Everyone loves to talk equity but even if I sold and made 200K I'd have to buy a house and could not find anything remotely near what I got for quite a bit more than I paid.

All these fucking houses being made into rentals and air b and b's.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote