View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 01:20 PM   #20
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
funny thing is... ive run a Mishimoto radiator in my daily driven Protege5 for 2 summers now here in Vegas along with a colder Mishimoto thermostat. ZERO ISSUES!

ive run Fortune Auto coilovers in my S13 for almost 5 years now (good 3 years of that, they were daily driven)... again, ZERO ISSUES!

ive run Megan rear adjustable lateral arms and trailing arms in my Protege5 for almost 2 years now, again, daily driven... wait for it, ZERO ISSUES!

not sure how people formulate their opinions at times, but saying "shitty brands" is kind of an assumption based in personal beliefs, internet jargon and hearsay.

unless youre trying to build some kind of track beast... brands like Megan, Circuit Sports, P2M, Fortune Auto etc etc offer affordable and decent suspension solutions. not everyone wants or even NEEDS to go out and blow $4000-$5000 on a suspension setup.

in terms of aero parts though, i would recommend to stay away from brands like DuraFlex, no name ebay sellers, JPFiberglass etc who offer super cheap parts. if you want parts that fit and are extremely durable, you can run my stuff (DorkiDori), Shine Auto Project, KBD or any of the older (whats left of them) brands from Japan like Rocket Bunny, Vertex, Instant Gentleman etc. cheap aero parts are cheap for a reason... they tend to fit like shit, are loaded with filler instead of fibers (which makes the parts stiff and easily breakable), have zero quality control, and youll spend more money at the body shop with them having to fix the problems instead of spending the money up front and buying quality aero.

in terms of wheels, again, unless youre building a track beast or trying to score cool points on the interwebs, cheaper cast wheels like Rota, XXR, Cosmis etc will work fine... just be forewarned though, THEIR WHEELS ARE HEAVY!!! and they are prone to cracking or breaking if enough impact is had to the wheel. if youre just driving around, youll be fine. but if youre looking to go the route of higher quality with wheels... Work, Rays, Advan etc are amazing. if youd like to find some quality wheels much cheaper (they may require a bit of restoration work), hit up Yahoo Auctions Japan and utilize their Buyee serivce... or go find yourself an importer to bring the wheels over.

honestly, its your car... spend the the money where you see fit. HOWEVER, i highly recommend you dont skip out on buying cheap parts where you really should just save your money and do it right the first time... ESPECIALLY WITH ENGINE PARTS!!! the bulk of people left on Zilvia tend to be a little jaded and opinionated because theyve been in the scene a long time... however, not everyones opinion is a good one.

just as the saying goes in anything in life... you get what you pay for! just keep that in mind when looking for parts. if the parts are priced dirt ass cheap, then youre going to get something that is junk. if the parts are priced in the mid range, youll get something decent. if the price is skyhigh, well... start saving your money cause quality doesnt come cheap!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote