View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 04:47 AM   #21337
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyced View Post
Are OEM teardrop rims known to overheat the brakes when used aggressively (lapping, autocross)?
It's not the wheels so much as it's the brake pads. OE pads heat up and fade really fast. Old ass SER (SR powered)Sentra's have the same style wheels and many think the same thing. It's the choice of pad. Stepping up to Stop Tech Sport pads, rotors, and ss lines will be a way cheaper solution than wheels and tires, or allows you to save up for the 'better grip' solution, For free air to your brakes, just zip tie in some flex tubing from the front, diy ducts work.
Like the other guy said, FNO1's didn't solve the problem, and they are open.

On pads: Watch out you do not put race type pads on your street car. They take longer to heat up, and remove braking distance because you are not hard on them to heat them up. Sport/Stage I/Street-Track is as hard a pad as you want to run on your daily. How well does StopTech Sport level work? In my zenki, I am STILL trying to get my stopping distance back to the stop line, not ten feet back. The first ten feet was easy to fix, but 20' of brand new extra braking distance is GOOD.
StopTech Centric upgraded OE calipers, Sport Rotors, Sport Pads, Sport SS Lines, Dot 3/4 Fluid)