View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 01:28 AM   #13
mrjdm157

Trader Rating: (0)
mrjdm157 is an unknown quantity at this point
s14 I also have Stance LX+Plus for S14

He all,
I also have Stance LX+Plus. I purchase them from IntensePower for a crazy deal with free shipping. Only downside what that at the time it was so new that I had to wait 2 months before i got them. I had it installed on my car for about a month now with about 1200 miles on them.

Install: (done by myself - first time installing coilovers)
-the rear threaded sleeves felt short. i am running g35 18x8 +30 in the rear and i had to put it at the highest ride setting. I called Stance and they recommended that you retain at lease 1.5-2.0in of thread in the sleeve (please check the manual ... dont remember at the moment) for safety and reliability concerns. I believe i only have 3/4in in the rear ... not good i guess, but for daily i think its okay. if i run lower sidewall tires in the future i will lower the rear some more (i currently am running 245-45-r18 in the rear)
-i agree that there are a little bit of noise in the rear coils as well
-the front coils were pretty good...only thing was that it did not have a hole to mount the abs bracket to the coilover sleeve...so i used like 4 zip-ties on each side)

ride:
-pretty comfortable, i have it on full soft at the moment
-i had this kind of disconnected feeling from the rear during the initial 500-600 miles or so. the rear rebound felt disconnected ... meaning when i went over a bump (any speed) it took like a second later and the rebound kicked in which made it jump a little. I asked stance about the preload before i installed them. He said that you should keep the factory preload setting (which is whats pre-set at from the factory) and just make sure they are equal lenght (rear left with rear right and front right with front left). I also made sure to tighten the locking brackets.
-i went as high as 4 clicks from full soft all around and it felt more sporty but not crazy stiff.

ride height/alignment:
id also did an alignment so that helped alot. i just went with a street/daily driving setup with good tire wear etc.
-the front are about 3/4in gap (i didn't want to remove the fender well plastic) and the rear are tucking about 1/2in.

comparison:
-i had rsr race springs with kyb agx previously for over 2 years
-ride was harsh for daily driving
-very little to no rebound
-if i would match them again i would go with koni yellows
-adjusting damping was easy in the front but the rear you had to go under the car (stance you would just pop the rear speaker cover off)

overall impression:
-great street coilovers! i know i still can go stiffer if i wanted too so i still have some room to play with.
-i love how people dont say dang your car is super stiff or what is that squeaking noise (rsr race w/agx)
-pretty good streetable coilovers at an awesome price. send intensepower a pm for a great deal...o yea there from Arizona which means no sales tax if your from california. plus free shipping sealed the deal! (note i am not affiliated with intensepower just a customer...o yea one of the sales rep have a set of LX+plus in his s14 as well)
-lastly, there stance...you cant go wrong with stance!

Enjoy!
mrjdm157 is offline   Reply With Quote