View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #9
Infamax
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Infamax will become famous soon enoughInfamax will become famous soon enoughInfamax will become famous soon enoughInfamax will become famous soon enough
I tried removing the egr pipe, It was rusted on and I couldn't break it loose. I'm gonna try again in the evening after it cools down and I get back from class. I'll give the egr valve and throttle body a good clean.

The smog tech had checked the egr solenoid, and said it appeared to be working properly. He also checked the egr valve and said it seemed to be working like it should.

The reason it said I failed visual was because the smog tech thought my timing was off. He thought the timing mark furthest to the left was 0* BTDC, when it's actually the second from the left. After that test, I've been going to a different smog station.

Could my problem be a faulty injector? If so, is there a way to check the injectors? I had previously read of a way to check the injectors using the ecu's self-diagnostic system, but I couldn't find anything on that again.
Infamax is offline   Reply With Quote