View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #3008
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
I left Sunday morning at 7 AM and drove out to my brother's house in downtown Chicago. It was super foggy out when I left, but fortunately it cleared up about an hour or so into the drive.

There's a road in there somewhere...

Took the skyway on accident lol:

Chi-City:

The express lanes of I-94 were shut down going into downtown, and there were two cars sitting on their sides in the middle of the freeway. Looked super sketchy. After visiting with my brother for a bit, we set out on the hour or so drive out to the country to pick up the car in St. Charles. When we pulled in, Justin was outside cleaning up the bay and going over a few things. Super nice dude, and the car drove and looked great. I found out about the heater issue, which was a bit of a bummer, but for sure not worth backing out on the car over. We chatted for a while and loaded things up, did the paperwork, etc and I was on the way!

Signing the paperwork:

I met up with my best bro Kyle (King of Red 2012) in Naperville for lunch before hitting the road for the 5 hour drive home to Michigan:

Michigan Welcome Center:

The car never missed a beat on the way home, and I averaged 26 MPG, so I was pretty stoked about that. Much better than I anticipated from one of these cars. About an hour from home, I spotted two deer running from the median across the freeway about ten car lengths in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and steered towards their path to the right hand side shoulder. No idea why I went that way instead of left, but I am so glad I did. I somehow managed to split between the two deer and neither of them hit the car. I thought for sure if I cleared the one on the right, the one on the left would slam her head into the back door.

I glanced in the mirror and saw headlights and deer parts splattering everywhere. I am guessing there were others crossing as I went through that weren't so lucky. I grabbed second gear and dropped the hammer to get the heck out of there before I got rear ended. Very, VERY fortunate to make it home with the car and myself in one piece. Stupid deer!

Home safe and sound in the garage:

Poor 240, lol:

Excited to get to work on making this thing my own! Parts should be showing up soon.

Damon

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote