View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 11:38 AM   #617
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Alright, so I made the trip out to Normal, IL to meet and hang out with Toby and Kyle this weekend. I was really happy with how the car behaved for the most part and had a lot of fun! Cool dudes and nice cars down there! I snapped a few pics from the trip, but Kyle did some awesome shots of my car- I'm sure he will post them up after he has played Halo Reach for a few months first, LOL.

Here are some of my snaps from the weekend:

Shortly after arriving and washing the car:

At the photo spot after Kyle got out of work:

Toby and Kyle setting up the rig. No less than 15 bums came by to either ask us what we were doing, or take a piss in the parking lot, LOL:

Toby laying down the glue for the Bride fabric for me on Saturday night:

My car chillin' in the shop while we hung out and worked on the door panels Saturday night:

In the driveway at the start of the BBQ on Sunday:

Finished (mostly) door panel- I just need to add the piping to the edges:

So yeah, I had a blast- it was an awesome trip! Huge thanks to Toby for guiding me through the whole door panel process, I couldn't have pulled it off without him. And thanks a lot to Kyle too for working so hard to try to make my car look good in pics and for letting me crash at his place!

On the drive home, I hit a huge crater on I-55 and knocked one of my D-Max sidemarkers out- all that was left when i got to the gas station was half of the chrome internal housing and the bulb socket, lol. My lip suffered a ton of rock chips and one of my wheels has some paint issues as well. I also started to see some knock on my Power FC, so I need to address all of those things when I get time. Overall, though, I am really impressed with how the trip went- the car did really well! I had never driven it for longer than 2 hours on a trip before, so this was pretty fun!

My only gripes were the fact that I-80 was shut down in BOTH directions for a really bad accident, so I got routed all over the place in ridiculous traffic to get home to Michigan- that, and the fact that I think I am going to have a huge blister on my right heel from not having cruise control, LOL.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-28-2017 at 01:57 PM..
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote